maandag 8 juni 2020

Crazy Magic Band

Two weeks after the installation of the new 6m band yagi,  76 countries worked / 57 Lotw confirmed.

This means that 6 meter is already giving more countries than my 160m results.  Next goal for the winter...



Yesterday afternoon, evening and night, there was a massive multi-hop sporadic E opening to the Carribean and NA region.

This morning, same thing direction Middle-East.
Added into my log last 24hrs  : A6, A7, A9, 9K, VP9, XE, J6, 6W, HI, YV, PY, FG, KP4

This is going fast, very fast. 
I made a contact with K1JT, founder of the FT8 protocol both in FT8 and FT4.

Even a positive remark of the XYL : this antenna is much smaller, I like it...
No idea if a second stacked yagi 5 meter above this one will give the same remark.

It's indeed surprising that with such a small yagi these results are possible... but you must be there when the air is hot.

One thing to regret : Japan

JH4MGU copied my CQ, came back with a report, but didn't copy my return.  Needed just 15 seconds of extra propagation...




1 opmerking:

  1. A 6 element yagi for 160m might boost your score there fast too...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen