zaterdag 31 december 2022

DXCC 317 Crozet Island

 This was a hard one.  Finally worked FT8WW on 20m FT8.

I worked him a few days ago, received my report but not the RR73.  I wasn't in the log.  A hard moment.
Afterwards I detected a problem with the yagi.  Again the director failed on 20m.

I can solve this with a retract of all elements, but for sure there is something wrong with my good old Steppir.

Yesterday evening was bingo time.  A well working yagi at 22m, 1500 W (!!) in FT8, and a lucky moment.   And of course, 70 km/h stormy wind.   The first time I pull out the tower at full height, and just on that day so a heavy wind.


This is a hard expedition on FT8.  Many people are sending without listening.  Robots are in the air for hours and hours, sending out stupid reports.  

Yesterday, ON7USB was the absolute LID-champion.  For many hours his robot was sending... in the wrong period.  This caused QRM,  DXcluster frustration and absolutely no result.   

What does an 'amateur' like this think ?  I have to go to work, but I put on my computer, and hopely when I arrive at home this evening FT8WW will be in my log.   Just crazy !

Funny to see other hams trying to confuse his robot and making it believe that there is a valid qso.  All effort just to stop the QRM.

FT8WW also seems to cause problems : in stead of using F/H in WSJT, he uses other software.  First days, he was sending on odd periods, now on even periods.  This makes a hard expedition even harder.

But bravo for all effort he does, as most wanted man of the ham-world.

Next step : put my Optibeam 30m dipole above the yagi and work him in CW


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten