vrijdag 11 november 2022

New Milestone : DXCC on 6m band

 Finally !!! 


I took hours and hours of listening, sometimes being on the right time on the air, sometimes being discouraged when openings were detected from my city-qth... but last weekend was my lucky day.

A big opening to Africa delivered Togo and Gabon on 6m.  Gabon directly confirmed, Togo to be confirmed within a few days.  DXCC 6m status from  98 to 100.  One little regret : I missed EL, Liberia, 2 minutes too late in my shack, but the opening was gone, just like the EL station.

It ends like it started : with my steppir.  I had never expected such a big opening in the middle of November.  My 50Mhz 6 element yagi lays on the ground since a couple of weeks to save it from winter dammage.

But I added the extra six meter element on my steppir and this was sufficient (needed ?) to work the two new countries.

In 2022 I added LU, BA, PJ4, TR, JW, FP, C5, S01, 5V,  and both OH0 to my list.   

C5 and JW were made in FT4 mode.  All 98 other countries in FT8.  The is my first full digital DXCC.

Ending 2022 with a 9-Band DXCC.  Sounds great !



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten