zondag 9 juni 2019

NN4ZZ tiltplate now installed

Never ever work on antennas while the pylone is hanging on a simple 20 years old steel cable.

I dare not to think what should happen if this cable breaks while working on my yagi.

With the tiltplate - karlock included - this will never occur. 
I least, I will not stand under the contruction.




After about 6000 QSO with the Windom wire antenna,  my Steppir starts a second life. 
I changed the 6 fixing blocks (Wimo doesn't support Steppir, so there was a sold-out of the spare parts) and the cabling.  


All works fine.

Thinking about the past,  3 levels of Yagi installation, 3 times less risc.

Level 1 : installing the KT34XA in 1999.  Highest risc level.



Level 2 : installation of the Steppir by extending the fiber parts standing on the ground, but still under the construction

Level 3 : installation of a random yagi while standing on the ground, without any risc using the NN4ZZ tiltplate.  Not cheap, but more effective than any life insurance.


Looking forward to this :    
Let the FT4 contest party begin !   I expect a total change of contesting, with as a first step making RTTY contests obsolete.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten