zondag 19 februari 2023

DXCC 318 : 3Y0J Bouvet Island

 I made it.  3Y0J is in my log... even better, I'm in the log of 3Y0J.  

For sure one of the hardest contacts I've ever made. 
Full of stress, trying to win a price in the big pile-up lotery.

Nothing like my Bouvet-plan : 

- on Sunday - I made a 35km trip to my shack when I was informed that the expedition should end after only a few days of activation - in stead of the planned Monday or Tuesday time schedule.

- on SSB (my God!) in stead of CW or FT8, on the 17m WARC band, and with ON4CCP in stead of OT1A

I used every Watt I had, I was lucky to have a 3 element on 17m (my good old dear Steppir yagi), and it must have been the longest chaaarlieeee - chaaarlieeee - paapaaaaa ever.  

Never experienced a pile-up like that.  It felt like at least half of the callers were not hearing the DX station.   It my first experience with the Flexradio.  I

In my dreams, I saw just one signal of a split station showing up on my computer to respond to 3Y0J.  It should be very easy to pick up that frequency and call.
In reality >20 stations were calling again and again, without listening.  Impossible for me to detect where 3Y0J was listening.   I couldn't determine the responding station. 

I can't understand why people are doing this. You can't make a contact if you do not listen !      


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten