dinsdag 30 januari 2024

CQ160m CW

As weak as my result in the UBA SSB contest was, my signal was strong in the CQWW 160m contest. With "only" 750W - a calculated safety margin for the current balun and the unun - I felt like I was being heard well everywhere. Conversely, it was more challenging.

For the second year in a row, I notice the following: during the CQ WW DX contest at the end of November, the receiving antennas always do their job, and there is sometimes an advantage over the inverted L. From the moment the ground is saturated with water, it seems I no longer have an advantage with K9AY and BOG, and the vertical is better. As a result, I know that I missed some beautiful American contacts; it often came down to a fraction, but I can't hear them well enough. Fearful of losing points, it's sometimes difficult to take a gamble on the right call.

Despite everything, I made 730 QSOs, including my first 160m CW QSO with South America (PP5JR) and being called by P40AA, which is a new one on 160m. It remains a challenge to divide the sleeping hours well. Due to not resting on Friday, having to listen to TX5S on Saturday morning, and stopping on Sunday afternoon, I missed many hours. Next year, more focus on this beautiful contest.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten